SoundStart provides preschool speech and languageservices for children birth to 5 years of age in Sarnia/Lambton.
SoundStart is led through Pathways Health Centre for Children.
The goal of SoundStart is to recognize and help children with speech and language needs as early as possible.
• One number to call for service in Sarnia/Lambton
• Free community drop-ins for information sharing
• Hands-on training for parents, guardians, and other caregivers
• Assessment and a range of services to suit the needs of the child and family
• Planning for transition to school-based services.
SoundStart currently accepts referrals for children born 2007 or after. Children beyond this age should be referred for school-based services through their teacher.
To learn more, please click here to view the SoundStart website.