We welcome high school teens and adults to contact our Supervisor of Volunteer Services at 519-542-3471 ext. 278 to find out about volunteer opportunities and to schedule an initial interview.
Three types of volunteer opportunities are offered, depending on experience, interest and availability of programs:
1. Program Volunteer* with children/youth e.g., aquatic sessions, C.A.C.H.É. Child Care Service, Therapeutic Recreation, etc.
2. Clerical Volunteer* e.g., reception, filing, mailings.
3. Special Event Volunteer** (Fund Raising/Community Relations) e.g., BBQ’s and dinners, Displays, Ticket Sales
*These types of volunteers usually come at a set time every week and must go through a multi-step screening process, which includes an interview, two-step mantoux skin test for tuberculosis, and references.
**These volunteers are called as needed and go through an abbreviated screening process.
Why do people volunteer?
- to have fun
- to meet people
- to feel appreciated/needed
- to utilize/develop skills
- to give back to the community
- to enhance resume for school/job
- to make a difference
If you would like to volunteer, please fill out an online application.
Click below to view or print our Volunteer Services brochure: